Job Opening: Commercial Lender
Members Exchange is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as a Commercial Lender. Please review the job duties and specifications below and if interested fill out the form and submit a resume at the bottom of this page.
Job Title: Commercial Lender
Find potential clients, individuals, or businesses who need loans and help cultivate their business. Originate, manage, and supervise the Credit Union’s portfolio of commercial loans to maintain and increase its asset quality to develop new and existing business relationships.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Meet with loan candidates to explain options and answer questions.
- Act as a salesperson, persuading clients to obtain loans from MECU rather than anywhere else.
- Takes applications for commercial loan business. Review the member’s financial condition and assess the member’s ability to repay the loan. Makes underwriting decisions within approval authority. Completes or directs completion of all loan documents and closes loans.
- Participates in developing lending and deposit business for the Credit Union. Calls on clients to expand existing business; calls on prospects seeking opportunities to expand the Credit Union’s client base.
- Monitors existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base. Maintains up-to-date member files, including current balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash flow projections and all loan documentation.
- Represents Members Exchange in a positive image while promoting the credit union internally and externally.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
NOTE: The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, or a related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in loan servicing software. In-depth knowledge of loan policies and lending procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have experience in analyzing business financial statements and assessing the viability of businesses.
- In addition to standard courtesy and tact, a significant level of trust and diplomacy is required. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a private or sensitive nature. Outside contacts become necessary, and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and individuals) becomes necessary.
- Must possess strong, efficient communication skills, as working within a team environment is a requirement for this position.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project timelines and deadlines.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Opening: Commercial Lender
If you're interested in joining our team, please fill out the information below and submit a resume.