In 1954, seven individuals had the courage and foresight to start something new. This was something that would assist their co-workers in becoming financially secure and also the beginning of what we know today as Members Exchange.
Members Exchange has been providing solid financial service to its members in the industrial, commercial, and manufacturing industries. Originally chartered solely for the employees of Presto Manufacturing Company, our cooperative financial institution has grown to include over 600 member companies spanning central and northern Mississippi.
Our original charter included industrial employees. With continual requests from individuals to join Members Exchange, the board and management made the decision to change its bylaws. Effective January 1, 2006, a person may join the credit union as long as they either live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Hinds, Madison, Rankin, Copiah, or Simpson counties in Mississippi. The credit union has been the financial institution for working people for over 50 years.