Job Opening Branch Manager
Job Title: Branch Manager
Don’t settle, jump-start your career at Members Exchange – where it’s more than a job, it’s a passion!
Looking for an enthusiastic, skilled problem solver to join our team and manage the day-to-day operations of a full-service branch location. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command of the credit union’s policies and be well-trained in product knowledge, allowing the individual to open all types of accounts and services, as well as interviewing loan applicants and disbursing loans. This individual supervises, encourages, coaches, and coordinates activities of personnel in the Member Specialist (teller) and Personal Service Departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages daily operations and periodic maintenance of branch location.
- Conducts periodic staff meetings and evaluates staff performance.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee, community, and business relationships.
- Represent the credit union in a professional manner and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
- Service existing accounts by researching discrepancies and resolving member concerns.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews. Implement new loan products, policies, and services.
- Open all types of accounts/certificates, loans, and other products and services.
- Obtain financial information from prospective borrowers and accurately quote rates and terms. Determine collateral needs and payment plans.
- Ensure loans are properly documented, signed, closed, disbursed, coordinated, and filed.
- Assist with the collection of delinquent loans.
- Register, when and as required by the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act, as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO), giving true and accurate information, and authorizing the Registry to make the information available to the public.
Experience and Other Requirements
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent plus additional coursework in lending, finance, and customer service.
- Five to seven years of experience in a lending department or branch office of a credit union or financial institution are required. Experience in loan interviewing and lending preferred.
- Two to five years of employee supervision and management are required.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for managing branch operations and personnel.
- Knowledge of consumer lending, credit granting criteria, credit reports, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for each type of loan as well as collection procedures regulations preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Members Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer.