Teaching your teenager how to manage money can be a daunting task. NewGen is a reloadable debit card that can be purchased by an adult on behalf of a teen who is at least 13 years of age. While the NewGen Card is issued to and embossed in the name of your teen, who is the card holder, you, the parent are still the account owner. This set up gives your teen a small taste of independence, while still allowing you to ensure your child is safe in a variety of ways.
- Reloadable card so teens can make purchases without borrowing a card from mom or dad or carrying cash.
- NewGen is an affordable way to introduce your teen to budget management and safe plastic card usage.
- There is no liability for fraudulent activity.
- Accepted worldwide, including in-store, online and by phone.
- Responsible restrictions are built in to teach teens to become responsible consumers.
- ATM access
- Account Holder (Adult) can load the card at the credit union, online by clicking HERE, or through an automatic funding feature.
- Cards can be loaded up to 5 times a day with a minimum load amount of $5.00, not to exceed a balance of $2,000 at any time.
- Purchases can be tracked.
- Teens and Adult owners have free unlimited access to the cardholder website, http://prepaidnewgen.com/, to check your balance and transaction history.
The NewGen card is designed to be used by teens; therefore, to give you peace of mind, your teens debit card will not be authorized for purchases at any of the following places:
- Alcohol/Liquor Stores/Wine Stores
- Alcoholic Beverages – Drinking establishments, Breweries, and Bars
- Cocktail Lounges
- Body Piercing, Tattoo Parlors
- Casino Gaming Chips
- ALL Internet Gambling/Betting transactions
- Cigar stores, Smoke shops, and Stands
- Escort Services
- Gun Clubs and Gun Shops
- Online Dating Services
Do the cards expire? Yes. They will expire every 24 months. If the card has a positive balance upon expiration, a new card will reissue automatically.
Does the card have to be activated? Yes. To activate the NewGen card the account holder will need to call the number on the back of the card with the last 4 digits of your social security card.
There is a $5.00 fee ($2.00 for Relationship Pricing Members) to activate your NewGen card. To view a list of potential NewGen Fees, please click HERE.