Looking for an enthusiastic, skilled problem solver to join our team and serve as the primary liaison for our members. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command of the credit union’s policies and be well-trained in product knowledge, allowing the individual to open all types of accounts and services, as well as interviewing loan applicants and disbursing loans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the credit union in a professional manner and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
- Service existing accounts by researching discrepancies and resolving member concerns.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews. Implement new loan products, policies and services in accordance with management direction.
- Open all types of accounts/certificates, loans, and other products and services.
- Obtain financial information from prospective borrowers and accurately quote rates and terms. Determine collateral needs and payment plans.
- Ensure loans are properly documented, signed, closed, disbursed, coordinated, and filed.
- Assist with collection of delinquent loans.
- Register, when and as required by the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act, as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO), giving true and accurate information, and authorizing the Registry to make the information available to the public.
Experience and Other Requirements
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent plus additional coursework in lending, finance, and customer service.
- At least 2 years of experience in a lending department or branch office of a credit union or financial institution required. Experience in loan interviewing and lending preferred.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for interviewing loan applicants and projecting a positive image as a credit union representative.
- Knowledge of consumer lending, credit granting criteria, credit reports, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for each type of loan as well as collection procedures regulations preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer